A friend of mine from way back in high school sent me this recipe ages ago, and it has definitely become one of our family favorites. The great thing about this silly casserole is that you can swap out any ingredient you want for something you like better– but the end result is always just plain old delicious.
I hate mushrooms– but cream of mushroom soup doesn’t bother me. However, any recipe that I’ve made myself, you’ll often find “Cream of Something” in my recipes. I don’t care if you use cream of chicken, celery, or cream of wheat. If the shit is goey and in a can, it will totes work fine.
NAT’S Notes: If you use the ‘hot’ version of Rotel, and drizzle it on the casserole, it’s hot. If you take the ‘hot’ rotel, and grind that shit in your blender till it’s smooth and THEN drizzle it on your casserole? You’re butt is going to be on the pooper for a week. I’m telling you, it’s HOT. My friend Lisa used to say it made her scalp sweat. HEHE. Although, Jay says it’s not ‘very’ hot. HEhe. Go figure.
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 Large bag of Doritos (Salsa Verde)
- 1 Can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 Can Rotel
- 1 Can Cream of SOMETHING Soup
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream for topping, if desired
- Brown 1lb ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning.
- Crush up Doritos, and put about 1/3 of bag on bottom of casserole dish
- Add layer of shredded cheese
- Add layer of ranch style beans
- Add layer of rotel
- Add layer cream of whatever soup
- Add layer layer of cheese
- Cook for 30 minutes on 350.